Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Mamaya Bento


Awhile back we got treated to a bento lunch at work.  I can't even remember why.  We had a choice of salmon or chicken.  I picked the salmon.  It was gooooooood.  

Here's a link to the menu:  Mamaya Menu.

IMG_8608

I was dieting at the time so I only ate one bite of the rice. I really, really liked it.  I took the rest of the rice home and froze it so that I could eat it later when the diet contest was over.  Only thing . . . when I went to look for it later, I couldn't find it.  I think Wendell dumped it.  Bah!
IMG_8609

Here's the chicken.  They said it was bland.  Good thing I chose the salmon.  Yeehaw!
IMG_8612

12 comments:

Erick said...

Yum, they both look ono. Happy New Year!!!

jalna said...

Happy New Year to you too, Erick!

Les said...

Yum...that was from Rad Tech week...I liked the rice!

jalna said...

I liked the rice too, Les. Da one bite.

SW said...

looks good.. hey, they have them at Shirokiya too. Will definitely give it a try next time i go looking for lunch.

Susan said...

Mmmm, looks yum! Happy New Year Jalna! AHHHHHH, madness over now to clean and get rid of the clutter!

jalna said...

Shirokiya, Shun Wah! Ooooh, I'll check um out next time I'm there! Thanks!

Hey, Susan . . . Happy New Year to you too!!

Dd said...

I love love that rice...need to find out where to buy it to make at home...looked all over. Asked the lady at Shirokiya and she said they mix it themselves ??

Mokihana said...

Maybe Wendell wen eat da rice!

Great photos... now I'm hungry.

jalna said...

I really gotta go check out Shirokiya, Didi.

I think so too, Moki!

Nippon Nin said...

Cute store name! It's easy to remember. Looks so delicious too!

jalna said...

I just went to Shirokiya today and checked them out., Akemi. They have a buffet line kind of setup there with a variety of musubi's.