Saturday, June 22, 2013

Meditating?


I'm sitting in a quiet place trying to focus on my breath.  I struggle to keep thoughts of today and thoughts of yesterday away. As the thoughts come, I imagine pressing a delete button and throwing them into a trash can.  

Suddenly I hear a voice coming from my left.  It says, "What am I doing, and where am I going?"  I  think, "Yah, that's what I'd like to know too."

I'm in the ocean . . . very, very deep down.  It's dark.  I can't see anything down here. And the pressure.  I can hardly move, the pressure is so great.  I know that I need to go upward. I feel that it won't be as dark and the pressure won't be as great further up.  And it'll get gradually easier and easier to move as I rise.

I . . . just . . . gotta . . . get . . . there . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound like you freaking yourself out, instead of mediating. LOL!!! Maybe bettah to just watch a nice sunset and have a cold one to relax. Hahaha!!! -lance

jalna said...

You so right Lance! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Life isn't something we can always control...I it's when we go against the flow that we can get lost...there will be so many challenges that we will all face ,so enjoy the quiet times...and know we are not alone.

jalna said...

Thanks Anon!