Saturday, April 27, 2013

Two Notes


I found these two handwritten notes the other day.  One was in the trash and the other one was on the coffee table.  I blacked out the names and phone numbers to protect the writers' privacy.

This one, torn from a yellow legal pad, was upside down in the trash can.  It caught my eye and when I flipped it over saw that it was a letter from somebody who wanted to buy our house "as is".  I'm glad it was in the trash.
IMG_1435

This one says that they heard that we might be interested in their 1968 sampan fishing boat.  Seriously?  A 45-year-old sampan fishing boat?  I . . . don't . . . think . . . so . . .  I threw it into the trash next to the other one. 
IMG_1436

I have to take my mom to a wedding this afternoon.  It's at Sunset Ranch on Pupukea Road in Haleiwa.  It's about as far away from my house that you can get on this island, up in the mountains on the North Shore.  That's quite a challenge for someone who ends up at Burger King instead of McDonald's just 5 minutes away from my house.  Wish me luck.  

9 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

I don't like the idea that someone is scoping out the house and leaving notes, pls be careful.

jalna said...

That's true yah, Mich.

K and S said...

ooh scary!

jalna said...

Kinda, Kat.

Erick said...

Interesting people?

Nippon Nin said...

1968 fishing boat? It's like 100 years old...not really it's only 45. Still way past the prime...it's not my point, I'm saying it's creepy.

jalna said...

Nooot Erick.

I agree Akemi.

waibu said...

Friend in Hawaii Kai said they had a two men stop at their house to ask if their old buss up car is for sale. They think maybe the two guys was casing the neighborhood. Newer model white truck with racks on back, two older men.

jalna said...

Thanks for the warning, Waibu.