Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This Morning's Sky

I woke up around 20 minutes later than usual this morning. While rubbing the sleep from my eyes I shuffled towards my dresser to change into my walk-the-dog clothes.  It was then that I looked out the window and noticed the sky.  Pandemonium ensued. OMG hurry, hurry, hurry, change clothes, OMG, grab camera, OMG change lens, OMG don't forget memory card, OMG forget about brushing teeth, OMG don't forget dodo bag, OMG no need brush hair, who cares.  Come on Kona let's go . . . I know, I know . . . mommy acting nuts . . . sorry.

We immediately headed to the marina where the water was glass.  I got a few shots off.  Yay!!!!  In less than a minute, the orange glow was gone.  This was shot at 16mm with my 16-35mm lens . . . the widest I have.  I don't normally need a wider lens, but today, I wished I had one.
IMG_1702a


We walked along the street.  The cloud cover was soooo coooooool.
IMG_1722a


We stopped at the bridge and a kayaker paddled into view.  How perfect, yah.
IMG_1709a


At the end of our walk me and Kona stopped by the marina again to spend a few more minutes enjoying the view.
IMG_1725a

14 comments:

K and S said...

pretty!

jalna said...

Thanks Kat. This morning was totally blah again. I wonder what exactly does it take to make a nice sunrise. Must be the clouds yah?

mmiissee said...

great pictures!

SW said...

wow.. the sky looks like the water in the 2nd shot!! The wide angle really made a difference. I love the color of the reflection in the water too.

Les said...

wow awesome!! I tried taking a picture with my camera phone on the way to work but I failed miserably. I'm glad you were able to catch it!

Nippon Nin said...

Absolutely gorgeous, like post card gorgeous. Yeah! you should make into post cards and sell them.

Anonymous said...

Their so beautiful. You need to enter these in some contest.

Erick said...

That 1st shot is amazing! Love the sky and the reflection, awesome. Almost enough to make me get up early. Super Jellos!

DNakamaru said...

AWESOME shots!

jalna said...

Thanks Mmiissee!

Cool yah, Shun Wah!

I got lucky Les. The timing was perfect.

Aww, thanks Anon.

Thanks Erick. Shall I give you a wake-up call next time?

Thanks Dean. I always love YOUR sunrise shots.

jalna said...

Thanks Akemi. I'll try print um and see how they turn out.

gracie said...

so beautiful, jalna! happy belated birthday!

jalna said...

Thanks Grace!

K and S said...

yup the clouds :)