Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Disorder

I usually like things kinda orderly, not anal-y so . . . just sorta so.  Right now, my blog-pictures-to-share are all over the place . . . probably even lost some.   At least Nellie here is hanging in there enough so that I can keep posting while my computer is in the shop.  Here are a few recent photos . . . in no particular order or theme.

I got this plant when it was a tiny, little one-inch seedling at a baby shower about a month ago. It's some kind of flower, but I don't know what kind.  Hope it lives long enough to bloom.  I got the cute pot at the swap meet for $1.
IMG_1185

This was my dinner last night.  I wanted to try out 3200 ISO.  This computer no more Photoshop so I couldn't spruce up the lighting.  So now you know the truth . . . it's Photoshop.  Anyway, the breaded mahi was very, very ono.  Wendell said all he did was sprinkle garlic salt and pepper, dredged in flour, egg and bread crumbs - in that order - then fried. The tsukemono in front I made with the daikon I just bought at the swap meet. Eggplant tsukemono behind that I made too.  That didn't turn out too good so I just added plenty shoyu.  Pickled onions in the very back I got at the Aloha swap meet.  That one is really good. Kim chee is store bought.
IMG_1170

This is the middle of a cool-looking plant that was at the orchid nursery that me and Geri went to.  Dunno what it is.
IMG_1044

At 7:00 a.m. at the Kam swap meet, people sometimes swarm to certain sellers.  This particular lady was selling used Coach bags. As far as I could overhear, they weren't cheap enough for me. As we were leaving about 3 hours later (yes, that's how long we spend there) we passed by her again.  There was just one bag left on her table.
IMG_1013

I went to help Les at a photo shoot late Monday afternoon.  This is the one moment that Nik stayed still, and this is the shot I got.
IMG_1093

Computer update: Cowabunga guy is gonna do a total OS reinstall.  There are still some corrupt files remaining and he won't be able to sleep nights if he leaves um in. He said he is gonna save everything he can including my Photoshop macros.  He said to trust him.

I asked him about Macs and viruses. He said Macs very, very rarely get infected.  So I checked out online - Amazon has an iMac 21.5 inch desktop, 2.5 GHz i5 Quad-core, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB 7200 rpm (whatever all that means),  for $1,120.43.

5 comments:

CT said...

Jalna,

As a fellow blogger(retired) and a faithful reader of your blog, surfer, and deans classmate, I would advise you to not only get a Mac but to go to the apple store and check it out, I have owned three iMacs and was never disappointed. We just picked up a new 21.5 iMac and it is slick. If you know of a teacher or someone who works for a school you also get a educational discount. They alway have specials running and we got a $100 apple gift card. The store guys are really helpful and will do the initial set up for you in the store so be prepared with user names and passwords, that will easily save you hours at home. You can also buy a years worth of training too in the store for a $100. Also I would advise you to pick up the apple care plan, it is their extended warranty, it is worth it.

Go to the apple store and buy it, I used to order it online but the last one I picked it up at the store, Great service and you will help push my apple stock over the 700 threshold.

Just my opinion

Curtis aka SUPrman

Kalin's Mommy said...

So I have to go 7 am in the morning to check out the coach? Negative, LOL!

Anonymous said...

wow, that purple plant is cool.
i want one!


-kevin

Erick said...

So, you getting a Mac? You might need Mac software too.

jalna said...

Thank you so much for your advise and tips Curtis. I am very much leaning toward an iMac now. I like that you said the store guys will help me. Makes me smile.

That's right Mich! And you gotta elbow all the other buyers out of your way too!

Kevin, my friend Linda said she thinks it's a bromeliad. I can just imagine it in your yard!

Yup, you probably right Erick. Initially though my plan is to do all my photo stuff on my PC and keep it unconnected to the Internet. Eventually, I might totally switch over. . . PC to Mac only. Never, ever Canon to Nikon. LOL!