It took 6 hours to dehydrate. I rotated the trays every hour because the bottom tray dries the fastest and the top tray the slowest. I also moved the pieces around, putting the more done ones on the top tray. It's a good thing I did the mango and the daikon first, so I knew what to expect.
It turned out moister and oilier than I expected. I ended up frying all the pieces on really low heat to try to get it crispier, but it pretty much stayed about the same texture . . . probably because of the cut of meat and the sugar in the marinade. Tastewise, it turned out really ono. So I deem this experiment . . . a success!! I think next time I'll go for a leaner cut like flank steak and maybe a dry, spicy rub.
You can see how this piece is kinda moist. I'm even storing it in the 'fridge 'cause I'm afraid of it spoiling.
Here's a leaner piece.
And a fattier one.
Here's Kona waiting to sample. He REALLY liked it.
Here's what I did with my failed daikon. I haven't tried it yet, but couldn't be worse than what it used to taste like.
I used a spoonful of this sauce that I picked up at Palama Market.
ginger molasses dark chocolate crinkles - I got the idea for these cookies from blog friend, Sheri, who got the idea from this blog. The link above is for the full recipe. I cut the recipe in half ...
9 hours ago