Sunday, March 11, 2012

One Year Later

My cousin Gary sent me a link to this video.  I thought I should share it today, one year after the Japan earthquake.




My buddy Rand sent me a link to a photoblog about Yuko Sugimoto.  When this photo of Yuko was taken, at around 7 a.m. on March 13, she was looking in the direction of her son Raito's kindergarten, which was partly submerged and surrounded by piles of debris. Nearly two days after the quake she had yet to find her four-year-old son, Raito.  Click here to read the story.

5 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

One year ago on March 11, we were in San Francisco and watched this unfold on CNN. We called home (Hawaii) and informed family and shortly after the sirens went off. Just watching the video brings back memories of feeling useless while all this was happening in Japan.

Erick said...

Cool video and an amazing story!

jalna said...

Michele, a year later watching the video, I am still awed.

I agree Erick.

Betty Townsend said...

I remember being glued to the TV and computer watching what was happening in Japan...this video has brought tears...thanks for sharing, jalna!!

jalna said...

Welcome, Betty.