Saturday, October 22, 2011

Jared Texturized

I tagged along with Les today while she shot senior pictures of her friends' son Jared.  I was supposed to be assisting her, but I was too busy stealing shots, all the while thinking how cool adding textures to the photos would be.  Be sure to check out Leslie's pics too.  Thanks for letting me hang out with you Les.  Sorry if I got in the way.

I added just a little bit of texture to the background of this picture.
IMG_1698a

Here's the Before picture of Jared sitting in some dried weeds.  I could just imagine how it would look with some orange-colored texture. 
IMG_1729before

Here is the After . . . just how I imagined.
IMG_1729a

Here's another Before photo.
IMG_1740before

And here's After.   So coooool yah!
IMG_1740a

One more with texture added to the background.
IMG_1709a

13 comments:

Les said...

hooo da niice! I likey! :) Now to only deal with that stupid sun...

jalna said...

Thanks Les. Yeah, that sun baffles me.

Randism said...

nice; i hope i'll have enuf motivation some day to check out how to do it; must b someting u can do wit photoshop...

first tings first; gatta get over dis damn flu!

K and S said...

nice!

jalna said...

Awwww Rand, rest up. I feel for you.

Thanks Kat.

gracie said...

really nice!!

jalna said...

Awww thanks, Gracie.

SW said...

wow nice! cool how the tecture adds a nice glow to the background that I don't think you could ever do w/ lighting.. so does this only work on Photoshop CS4/5??

jalna said...

That's the coolest thing to me Shun Wah. It can add light! And Shun Wah, if you check out the tutorial, she does it in Elements!

Betty Townsend said...

Handsome young many...awesome pictures!!

jalna said...

I agree Betty, Jared is very photogenic!

:) josefina :) said...

love the weed shot! (lol, that sounds funny!) You get the most photogenic subjects, Jalna!

jalna said...

I love that shot too, Jos. You shoulda seen me get all excited when I noticed the weeds and saw the potential. It was like . . . oh . . . oh . . . oh . . . LES, LOOK!! Hahaha.