Friday, July 8, 2011

Wendell's Pork Adobo


I had a really hard time getting this shot 'cause I don't like to use my flash when I take food pictures.  But it was already late in the day when I made my dinner plate, and took my first bite of this awesomest-ever pork adobo. I knew right then that hungry as I was, I would have to stop eating and somehow get a picture of it to post here.  So here it is . . . hand held at 1/30 . . . it's the best I could do.

The recipe is from What Hawaii Likes to Eat by Muriel Miura and Betty Shimabukuro.  Wendell might have overcooked the adobo a bit, but if that's so, then maybe you should overcook yours too 'cause it was outta this world ono.

IMG_3716

2 pounds pork butt, cubed
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tbs minced garlic
1/3 cup cider vinegar
4 bay leaves, crumbled

Combine all ingredients and marinate pork overnight in refrigerator.  Place everything in a skillet; cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until pork is browned and tender, and all the liquid in the pan has been absorbed, about 30 to 45 minutes. 

11 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

Ho da rock! Looks yummmy...

Yosh808 said...

OMG!!! I've been looking for a good adobo recipe!!!!! I soooo going try this!!! THANKS!!!

jalna said...

Hahaha, funny Les!

You going like um, Yosh.

Erick said...

Looks ono and easy too. Got to try this one too.

OkiHwn said...

Looks so ono, and so easy to make!

jalna said...

Erick and Nate, looks so easy that maybe even I could make it!

Betty Townsend said...

Oh, wow...I love adobo...chicken or pork, however have never tried to make either. This is so simple...gonna have to copy this down...or do I have this cookbook? Gotta go look... :)

mmiissee said...

yummy...

OkiHwn said...

By the way...is that the old-type Corning Ware? The real old ones that can be put on direct heat unlike now-a-days ones? Have my mother's and I treasure them!

jalna said...

Was sooo yummy, Mmiissee!

Yup Nate, like a lot of stuff in this house, it's really old . . . that one in the picture no more cover 'cause it was dropped and cracked long ago.

jalna said...

I think you have the cookbook, Betty. I love chicken adobo too!