Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pretty Beeezzzaaarr

I've been trying to figure out what to post tonight, and all I can think about is this weird thing that happened today.  I'm still scratching my head about it.

At 5 o'clock Lorna and Runa said their goodbyes and left the office.  A few minutes later they were back and asked me to go downstairs with them.  They said that somebody might be needing help, but they weren't sure.  I quickly got up from my seat and while heading out the door yelled for CQ to join us.

While going down the stairs the one flight to the first floor Lorna and Runa started to explain that they had seen one of the workers from the travel agency lying on the ground in their office.  Sure enough as we approached the glass door I could see her on the ground lying on top of some scattered paper.  She was facing the door, and looked as if she had fainted.  The door was locked, so I crouched down and pounded on the door.  I noticed that her eyes were partly open.  She blinked several times.   I yelled, "Are you okay?" No response.  I yelled again.  I think CQ started yelling too.  Her lips started moving.  It was as if she wanted to say something but couldn't.  I imagined her mouthing, "Help me. I can't move." or something like that. Thinking that she might've had a stroke, I reached into my pocket, grabbed my cell phone and started to dial 911.  Before I could complete the call, she suddenly stood up.

She then walked to the door, unlocked it, opened it and said, "Yes?" in a tone which seemed to imply, "Can't you see we're closed?"  I told her that we saw her lying on the ground and were worried that something was wrong.  I repeatedly asked her if she was okay, and she insisted that she was, and that she was just waiting for her brother.  She then asked the strangest thing.  She asked how we were able to see her.   ??????   I said that she was lying on the ground in front of a glass door. She seemed puzzled, so I told her to come outside and look through the door herself, which she did.  She repeated that she was waiting for her brother and that she was eating . . . and she started chewing. I didn't see any food around.  Was the food in her mouth all this time?

We lingered . . . reluctant to leave.  She seemed okay . . . she wasn't slurring or limping or anything . . . but it was all just so weird.  After awhile, after making doubly sure that she was okay, we parted . . . Lorna and Runa homeward bound and me and CQ back upstairs.   Me and CQ can be quite animated at times so you can imagine our conversation when we got back to the office.  Wait til we see Runa and Lorna tomorrow.

15 comments:

Dd said...

meditating....ohhhmmmmm ??? my heart was pounding...

jalna said...

Still scratching my head, Didi.

KitTKat said...

OMG she could have had a TIA. If she did, Oh Boy! She might have a real stroke.

:) josefina :) said...

how scary. hope she was not having a stroke.

Betty Townsend said...

That was weird, huh!

jalna said...

Is that what might've happened Kathy? Oh boy.

Jos, I keep wondering if she just didn't realize that something bad happened.

SO weird, Betty!

Anonymous said...

Do you think you might mention this to her coworkers ? in a discreet way ?

Hope its nothing, but good that you all took the time to check it out.

K and S said...

wha?? I hope she was okay.

jalna said...

I was thinking about that Anon. Not sure how to go about it though. Their office is actually a small one-room unit with floor to ceiling glass in front, so I can peak in when I pass by and check out how she's doing.

Me too, Kat.

Anonymous said...

Or... you could've just taken pictures =D


-kevin

jalna said...

Hahaha, Kevin, you know me too well!

Anonymous said...

She probably "blacked out" without even remembering what happened. But, yeh, you'd think she'd think, "how come she's laying on the floor with paper spread all over the place". Hmmmm. Maybe it a chronic thing, so doesn't bother her at all, but yet, you'd think she'd say something. Hmmm. Can be anything.

Leslie's pics said...

WTH?? And Kat? What? you one doctor now? teeheehee! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi jalna, Please tell her coworkers or boss about this...I just realized it may have been a seizure. This may be the reason for her confusion or another reason might be embarassment.

Just send a note to the boss in the mail and mention your concern, you can die from a seizure.

jalna said...

Anon, I did go back yesterday to check up on her, but they were already closed. I think she's actually the owner. I'll try again on Monday.