Monday, January 17, 2011

Jay

I saw another ad in Vanity Fair that I wanted to copy and I asked coworker Jay to help me out. Jay recently lost 120 pounds, and posing for me was totally outside of his comfort zone, but he agreed. It took me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to figure out the lighting and my camera settings, and then to move all of the furniture in our waiting room out of view. But Jay was ever so patient . . . I'm so grateful! Thank you, thank you Jay!! I hope you like your picture. I think you look mah-ve-lous.

IMG_0372-2a

Leslie sent me this link to the photo in the ad. Thanks Les!

Here is Jay's "before" picture taken in June 2009.

jay

13 comments:

K and S said...

wow! way to go Jay on losing the weight, his pic looks awesome!

jalna said...

Thanks Kat!!

Les said...

Awesome picture Jalna! I can just hear Jay making all his sarcastic comments while taking this! hahaha! :)

jalna said...

Thanks Les! Jay was actually quiet which kinda lent to the mood. Thanks for the link!

bebedeer said...

wow, he looks about 20 years younger! great pic!

jalna said...

Yayyyyy Fawn!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your comment! I feel so happy for Jay. He's come a long way.

Betty Townsend said...

My goodness...awesome! What an accomplishment for him!! Love the picture too...

jalna said...

Thanks Betty! Jay is an incredibly talented, humble gentleman who I just love to death. He left our company for a little while, but is back again and I am just thrilled with his return.

mmiissee said...

how did he lose weight?
He looks just great!

:) josefina :) said...

WOW! Tell Jay that he looks great! So handsome. Great pic, Jalna!

jalna said...

He had a gastric bypass, mmiissee, I think more for health reasons. I agree he looks great!

Jos, his handsomeness comes from being hapa. Jay is half Korean!

Randism said...

120 pounds? that's amazing! so i guess he going b da next asian louis vuitton model?!?!

jalna said...

Rand, you never, ever fail to just crack me up!!