Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jib Day for Real Word Magazine

Yesterday was Jib Day for members of the Real Word Magazine team . . . a day spent in front of a camera crew filming segments for their upcoming reality "share", to be aired soon on KGMB TV. It was a privilege for me to be able to hang out with such incredibly talented people, both in front of and behind the cameras. Filming was done in Mililani at editor Cheryl DeAngelo's house.






























Greeting me warmly as I entered the office in Cheryl's home was Editorial Assistant Sarah Stanley.
IMG_0559a

The awesome camera crew is setting up here for filming of a round-table staff meeting session.
IMG_0578a

IMG_0582a

I looove this shot 'cause it shows members of the crew attaching blue gel and diffuser with clothes pins . . . so MacGyver-ish, just like me.
IMG_0624a

So neat yah . . . they actually still use that clacking board thing.
IMG_0586a


IMG_0587a

IMG_0589a

After the meeting session, some of the crew went outside to film segments for a commercial with people saying, "Spread the Word." IMG_0605a

They even got a real FedEx guy to pass a box to somebody and say, "Spread the Word." HOWZDAT!!
IMG_0600a

Meanwhile, inside the house individual interviews were being taped with members of the magazine talking about what the magazine means to them. This is photographer Bruce Omori who moved me to tears when he described how having one of his photos grace the cover of one of the issues validated to him his worth as a photographer. Please click on his name to link to his website Extreme Exposure and view some of his awesome photos. IMG_0591a

This is uber talented photographer, Brad Wismar.
IMG_0598a

This is photographer Barry Ishida. His photos make me sooooooooo jealous.
IMG_0613a


This is Lifestyle Editor Brandy Antonelis.
IMG_0617a


Editorial Assistant Doris Bitonio's interview went by so fast and so flawlessly that this is the only shot I got. Sorry Doris.
IMG_0616a


This is the incredible editor of Real Word Magazine, Cheryl DeAngelo who dreamed of creating and producing her own magazine . . .
IMG_0645a


and DID!
IMG_0641a

14 comments:

K and S said...

fun day!

jalna said...

Especially for me, Kat!

Les said...

hoooo da neat! So did they interview you too?

every voice matters. said...

Thank you sooooo much, Jalna. I am so grateful to you for capturing this special day for us. Mahalo piha. The images are AWESOME!!! As usual.. You da bomb diggity!!!

Randism said...

wow; a bunch of really creative people! and oh! brad's bikini cafe is so, um, artistic! i'd be more than happy to, uh, hold da reflector or whateva!!!

jalna said...

Hahahaha, thank YOU Cheryl for the opportunity.

jalna said...

Rand, as usual you totally crack me up!!

jalna said...

No Les, I was too shy. Yes . . . me . . . shy.

Fauset Photography said...

This is SO COOL!!

Unknown said...

Awesome, Jalna!!! Amazing shots!!! Thank you so much for shooting us on the other side of the lens! : ) Great job. You rock, sista!!!

jalna said...

OMG Jen!! Thanks for dropping by! I just love, love, love your work . . . such an inspiration. I go to your blog and take pictures of your poses with my camera phone so that I can refer to them on my shoots! Thanks so much for sharing.

Betty Townsend said...

Pretty awesome!

Erick said...

Wow, way cool!

jalna said...

You're too kind Bruce. It was totally my pleasure taking pictures of you guys. Hope I get to see you folks again soon.

It was pretty awesome Betty!

I agree Erick.