Saturday, February 6, 2010

Macaroons from Pacific Place Tea Garden

Kat from Our Adventures in Japan recently did a blog post on some macaroons that she had picked up. They looked so good, and I had never had them before. Kat is originally from Hawaii, so I asked if she knew where I could pick some up here. She directed me to the Pacific Place Tea Garden on the third floor at Ala Moana Shopping Center.
They were $1.75 each . I bought these four.
Guava
Green Tea
Chocolate
Coconut with Chocolate
I really liked them. It's kinda hard to describe . . . like a light, moist brownie in different flavors.

11 comments:

K and S said...

glad you got to check them out :)

Erick said...

That looks so good! Must have some. Great photos!

Betty Townsend said...

This place looks really interesting. They have a large variety of drinks to choose from and the macaroons look really good. Very different from macaroons I've had before.

jalna said...

Kat, thanks for introducing them to me . . . all the way from Japan!!

Was ono Erick.

Betty, the coconut one was more familiar to me, but the others were just as good.

Dd said...

OMG Jalna, this is my girlfriend Lynette's place !! Her teas are wonderful. When she first got started, she partnered with the Kahala Hilton, Moana Surfrider, Royal Hawaiian Hotel...the biggies, all their house teas are her blends !!

K and S said...

I actually never knew about them until I came to Japan :p

jalna said...

Wow, Didi, I wanna go back and try the teas now!

That's so funny Kat! I was so impressed when you knew right away where I could get the macaroons here.

Yosh808 said...

OOOH!! I always get the dragon phoenix tea float. SOOOO GOOD!!

jalna said...

Yosh, I wish I could have one right now!

eye said...

Thanks for posting these pictures! I wanted to see there menu so I'm glad that google brought me here.

There's a special on playhawaii.com that's selling coupons for $4 for $8 at Pacific Place Tea Garden, but I think it's until one more day then they'll have another promotion.

I'm excited to try their macaroons and matcha tea float. Your pics made it look delicious!

jalna said...

Hey my pleasure Eye! Thanks for the tip on the coupons!