Friday, November 27, 2009

Victoria Station-Kine Shrimp


About 30 years ago . . . I can't believe I say that nowadays . . . 30 years ago, 40 years ago . . . sheese, soooo unreal how the time just few by so fast . . .

Anyway, about 30 years ago, both my brother Cy and my sister Didi worked at Victoria Station on Kapiolani. They had this super ono shrimp dish that I would order all the time. I made up this recipe . . . it's kinda similar. I made this for Thanksgiving yesterday.

First I mix together butter, parsley and chopped garlic. I butterfly the shrimp, spread on the butter concoction and sprinkle bread crumbs over it. I then sprinkle a little salt over the whole thing and broil.
Simple yeah. Tomorrow I'm gonna share Didi's recipe for this mochi rice dish that she made. I loved it. Not as easy to make as my dish though. Stay tuned!

12 comments:

mmiissee said...

Looks so ONO! If only I could eat shellfish = (

Erick said...

No wonder it rained all day, you when cook. Ha, ha, I know you can cook. Nice shrimp shots!

Randism said...

mmmmmm. you must be a good cook; if i tried something like that, i'd have to call 911!

K and S said...

ooh that look good, I will try it soon :)

OkiHwn said...

Gee, I'm trying to remember where Victoria Station was on Kapiolani but come up blank. Refresh my mind please.

Dd said...

OMG........Victoria Station.....I opened Kapiolani in 1973 and Ala Moana (now Red Lobster, most people don't remember that it was a VS) in 1979...shessshhhh...my bones are aching..

Betty Townsend said...

Oh, wow! This looks so ono!! Too bad I can't eat shrimp.

jalna said...

mmiissee, bummahs. A lot of my friends can't eat shrimp.

Hahaha, Erick, you know I really no can cook.

Rand, I soooo am not a good cook. I can only make a handful of easy-kine stuff.

Kat, I think you'll like it.

Nate, it was at the end of Kaheka across the Pan Am building, makai of Kapiolani.

Didi, I feel the pain too!

Thanks Betty!

Randism said...

jalna, no need to post this but i was wondering if you knew why i can't view the comments when i use my ipod touch to view your blog? i can view the main page and the pics but when i click on the comments, nothing happens; not a big deal; just wondering if anyone else mentioned it or if you knew; thanks!

jalna said...

Hmmmm . . . sorry Rand. I have no idea. No one's mentioned it to me before.

Les said...

whatever... >:(

jalna said...

Hahaha, sorry Les.