Thursday, November 12, 2009

Furikake Salmon


Wendell made this super ono salmon the other night. The recipe is from Hawaii's Best Local Dishes and is so simple I think even I could make it.

1 fillet of salmon
mayonnaise for spreading
furikake for sprinkling
1 tablespoon butter

Generously spread mayonnaise on one side of the salmon. Sprinkle furikake generously over mayonnaise. Heat pan on medium heat and add butter. Place salmon furikake side down, lower heat to medium-low and slowly cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn over.

10 comments:

K and S said...

yummy! put some in a musubi :9

SW said...

Another reason someone needs to invent a 'smell-o-blog'!!! Nice shot..looks sooo ono!!

jalna said...

Kat, I did take leftovers with rice and choke more furikake for my lunch the next day!

Thanks Shun Wah. Usually when I photograph Wendell's dinners it's at night, so I don't have the luxury of nice window light. Luckily our kitchen/dining area has a low ceiling so I just aim the flash straight up and bounce it.

RONW said...

how about the same recipe with those little fishes that have been appearing at Ala Moana beach? Just having some fun.

Betty Townsend said...

Yum!! I almost got some salmon yesterday when I was getting groceries.

Dd said...

soooo....what the heck does that art work say on the top of your blog site ?? pretty soy block??

jalna said...

Ron, what little fishes? Is it oama?

Betty, it was so moist!

Didi, before the tiki is "PRIME"; the rest I don't know. The last section does look like "block".

mmiissee said...

Ooooh yummy! I've been wanting to try this recipe. There was another recipe that also called for Yoshida sauce and instead of frying, they baked it.

RONW said...

no not the oama. It was on the local tv news earlier this week. I can't find the clip to link to. Apparently, the schools appear twice a year, but the news warned that something about the fishes' gut make's it unsafe to eat. only for bait.

jalna said...

mmissee, that sounds good too!

Ron, I wonder what they were . . .