Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Three Teas

The first tea is called dragon pearl jasmine. It comes in this classy canister that Marvin bought from Takashimaya while he was in New York. Julie said you can buy the same type of tea at Coffee, Bean and Tea Leaf.


It comes in little pellets.

It had a really nice aroma . . . oolong with a bit of jasmine.
Next is what Marvin calls Tea Blossom. He said you can pick it up at Bibbitea Bobbitea Brew at 99 Ranch or from Lupicia in Ala Moana Shopping Center.

You drop a blossom into your hot water . . .
and then watch it grow!!
Isn't that bizarre! Marvin says he keeps it in his cup all day and just refills it with hot water. He says that it never gets bitter.
The third tea is mine.
I think I got a box of 100 for cheap at Don Quijote.
I usually add a little bit of honey. Nice color hah!

13 comments:

Les said...

ooooh da fancy your tea! hahaha!! Hey, there's a Takashimaya in New York? I never knew that! I gotta have a chat w/Marv...hey that flower tea is neat!

jalna said...

I'm almost out of my tea. Maybe I should go check out something fancy yeah.

Yosh808 said...

Haha...When I'm in San Fran, I'll go check out the teas and see if I can find a BEEEEZZZAAARRR tea for you. :)

jalna said...

Hahaha, Marvin, I doubt you'll find anything more BEEZZAR than your flower tea blossom.

Erick said...

That is so cool! Never mind the tea, I just like looking at the flower. Great shots!

jalna said...

I know, Erick, the flowers are so photogenic yeah!

SW said...

oh wow.. I saw the Takashimaya store in NYC on 5th avenue but they were closed for inventory or something..that's some fancy teas..Actually, I like how your tea bag photo came out better looking better than those fancy teas. So how does that flower blossom tea taste?

jalna said...

Shun-Wah, it dawned on me as I was posting the pictures, that I never even tasted the teas. So I couldn't even give you my opinion on the taste.

RONW said...

the jasmine pellets remind me of gunpowder tea except gunpowder is more tiny, and if that "from Fijian Province" origin is true, then it's from among the best tea leaves you find. "Fijian Province" is where you get the authentic Lapsang Souchong tea. Yeah, I'm an expert, ain't I. Tea Blossom reminds me of the bozo flowers, if it isn't botanically that.

Betty Townsend said...

Jalna, you have to do it again so you can tell us what they taste like. The flower one is interesting, but I think it would be a little unnerving to be drinking a flower. Just give me some good Japanese green tea or orange spice and I am happy!

jalna said...

Ron and Betty, Ron's description as "among the best tea leaves" tempted me to try the pellets. The tea was light and fragrant . . . pikake-ish. Very nice.

K and S said...

the jasmine pearls are high quality stuff!

jalna said...

Kat, I never even heard of the stuff before!