Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thanks for the Kalbi, Jason and Sharon!!

Yesterday, co-worker Jason Kim dropped off some kalbi that his wife Sharon had made. Jason had partially cooked them so that all I had to do was heat 'um up a little bit more. So nice, yeah!! I threw them on the hibachi today. It was sooooo good . . . very tender. Thanks Jason and Sharon!

These bratwurst sausages had been in our freezer forever, so I decided to grill them too. Wendell said that I should soak them in beer first. So here they are soaking. Except when Wendell came home from playing softball . . . he said, "BOIL, you're suppose to BOIL them in beer first, not soak." Oops. So I boiled them.
Then I grilled them. Looks good, yeah. But I didn't like 'um . . . tasted like beer.

3 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

The Kalbi looks so good. I don't like bratwurst cooked in beer either. I don't like beer so that probably has a lot to do with not liking the brats cooked that way.

Erick said...

Beeah and brats, oh da ono! That last shot on the grill looks so good. Now I am hungry. I wonder how Vienna sausage boiled in water going taste?

Dd said...

OMG, Brats is like one of Glenn's & my favorite food....in Chicago, they serve them on a bun, topped off with Italian seasoned roast beef and giardinere !! Yummm !!