Saturday, May 2, 2009

Paul and Laurie Wedding

Jose Roces let me tag along with him again on a wedding shoot! It's an unreal learning experience for me to be able to watch him in action. He is just so awesome. When he has a shot in mind, he assembles the people, click, click, click and he's done. While I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how to do it, he's on his way to the next shot. And when he shows me the pictures on his camera, it just blows me away! Not fair!

Thought I'd share my camera-holding callus with you. It's on my right thumb.

7 comments:

SW said...

Wow..lucky you! You got some really great moments from the wedding...the little boy w/ the camera is so precious! The closeup stills of the buttonaire, the shoes and the gown is beautiful. These were nice shots from a great shoot!

Betty Townsend said...

Beautiful bride, beautiful pictures! The little guy taking a picture is precious!

Leslie's pics said...

what the heck were you worried about?? You're pictures are soooo nice!!

jalna said...

Thanks Les! I guess I worry because of my lack of skill, and Jose is sooooo good.

Erick said...

Great wedding shot. It doesn't look like you had a hard time, they look good. I love the thumb shot too. Great shooting!

Photo Visions Hawaii said...

Great captures Jalna! I am loving ALL your posts. The food always looks so ono!!! We met with Jose at a recent Oahu Wedding Association luncheon. He is really nice and does awesome work. We look forward to seeing him around. So...when are you gonna come shoot with us??? :)

jalna said...

Hey Ramona!! Thanks for dropping by. I've checked out your blog and OH MY GAAAAWWWWDDD . . . talk about awesome work . . . breathtaking . . . unbelievable!!