Friday, December 5, 2008

Magic Island Excursion - 12/5/2008

I failed miserably today in trying to get some Frank Amodo-like off-camera flash shots. The flash would go off but this is what I would get.
I finally gave up and stuck the $%^&* flash back on my camera so that I could at least get this shot of Susan and Lincoln in front of the now-gone sunset. Thanks guys for braving the traffic to help me out.
I thought that maybe I could get at least some decent fireworks shots, except that the fireworks went off at 7:30 instead of 8:00 like I expected so I was totally not ready . I was still trying to figure out what went wrong with my flash photography when it started. By the time I got my flash OFF the tripod, my camera ON the tripod and fiddled with the settings, the fireworks show was almost pau and this is the best I could get.
Hopefully, Erick, Celia and Shun-Wah were more successful than I was in getting some good pictures tonight.

2 comments:

Erick said...

Hey the guy in the middle still has his lens cap on. Newbie!

susie said...

Sounds like you had loads of fun though!!! But I do like the first pic of Susan and hubby.