Sunday, December 21, 2008

Aloha Stadium Swap Meet 12/21/2008

It was a beautiful day to go shopping at the stadium swap meet.
I went with my sisters Geri and Sweetie. Didi had to work.
I couldn't believe it when I saw this ATM machine under its very own tent.
Sweetie went specifically to look for this guy
and his dried tako. They were $10 a bag.

This is Ruth of A Bite of Hawaii.
Here are few of her bead jewelry. If you're interested her e-mail address is r70uth@msn.com.
This is an antique ice cream maker.
This ukelele is made from a cigar box!
I had the pleasure of meeting John, founder of 808 Urban. I found out that he actually did the mermaid on the graffiti mural I posted about earlier. I had thought that only artist Estria had worked on the mural, but John told me that it was a collaberative effort. He also told me about some walls at the Palama Settlement that he did and I wanted to go check them out, but I ran out of time. For sure I'll do that soon. Rocks and minerals always interested us. It's what actually first got me going to the swap meet.
These are calzones from Gourmet Island Breads. We tried the meat lover's. It was $5 and ono. Guess what happened when we got to the car. Sweetie's husband Michael came to the rescue, and got us started in no time. We then went to eat filipino food . . . but that's for another post.

5 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

This has got to be the best place to go shopping. On one of our trips back home I took my husband. He couldn't believe all the vendors. We only made about a fourth of it; we did manage to get most of our shopping done for stuff we were bringing back to our kids/grandkids. The lady with the bead jewelry interested me.

Erick said...

That is an incredible shot of the sky and high clouds! What lens did you use for that. Great shot!

jalna said...

Thanks Erick! I used the 16-35mm, f2.8. The clouds weren't spread out quite right so I had to use your angled technique to get it to fill the photo better.

Melinda Costa said...

Thanks for your pictures of Aloha Stadium Swap Meet. We are going in June and I cant wait. We live in Utah and I have never been to Hawaii but my husbands family is all there. It's nice to see such great, clear pictures of the swap meet. Take care and God Bless!

jalna said...

Hey, Melinda, thanks for stopping by. I know you're gonna have a great time when you come in June. The swap meet is always such a neat place to visit.