Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sweet and Savory Meatballs


There was still some sunlight left when I got home for dinner, so I decided to go outside to take the picture of the Sweet and Savory Meatballs that Wendell prepared. And what better place than on our "handy shrub" that I blogged about earlier.
I got the recipe from my mom long ago and it's one of the few "hard" (more than 5 ingredients) things that I can make. My mom says that you can always tell what recipe card I used or what page in a recipe book that I looked at 'cause it gets all grungy after I'm done with it.
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 c. fine dry bread crumbs
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
1 egg slightly beaten
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 tbs. shortening
1 can Campbells Golden Mushroom soup
1/2 c. drained chopped tomatoes
2 tbs. soy sauce
dash pepper

Mix beef, crumbs, onion, egg and garlic. Shape into 16 meatballs. In skillet brown meatballs in shortening; pour off fat. Add remaining ingredients. Cover; cook over low heat 20 minutes or until done. Stir now and then. Serve with rice.

No comments: